Software QA Engineer - USAMonrovia, CA
Software permeates every level of our existence. We have smart phones, programmable televisions, internet-enabled entertainment units, intelligent cars, and smart cities. As software becomes the interface to how we live, software quality becomes a serious business issue—and this is where Parasoft comes in!
Parasoft is a research and development organization that utilizes the latest technologies in order to deliver better and more automated methods to ensure that top-quality software can be produced consistently. We are very technically driven and work within a rapidly-evolving industry. You might not have heard about Parasoft, but we are the software quality engine behind organizations like Boeing, Disney, Comcast, GE, AT&T, Costco, American Airlines, Pfizer, Sony, Verizon...and a majority of the Fortune 500.
We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a desire to make a meaningful contribution within the context of a small team—while learning best practices in software development and testing from a company whose mission is to make software that aids in the software development process.
In this position, you will be responsible for driving product level testing and will participate in all aspects of the test process. This can include – defining the system test strategy, estimation, planning, development of automation scripts, and execution of tests to ensure Parasoft products are designed and built in accordance with company and customer quality requirements. This is a hands-on quality assurance position and it includes the following:
- Scope, create, execute, and maintain software acceptance test and test cases within an agile environment.
- Evaluate and report test execution results to the products team members.
- Create and maintain testing environments utilizing both physical and virtual machines.
- Assist in collecting and reporting metrics of quality for the product to the stakeholders.
- Collaborate and work in conjunction with the team members as needed to resolve problems and identify root cause of product defects.
- Identify, propose, and implement QA/test planning, quality metrics and process improvements.
- Assist with automating execution of tests and integrate them with continuous build system a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline is strongly preferred.
- Typically has a minimum of 3+ years of related work experience.
- Understanding iterative software development processes and software quality assurance procedures.
- Experience of working with defect tracking systems, databases and version control systems.
- Understanding key testing methodologies and ability to apply them in practice.
- Experience in testing products utilizing various operating systems, application servers and network protocols.
- Experience of testing UI plugins executed inside IDE environments (Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc) is preferred.
- Ability to communicate testing approaches in a clear and effective manner to all levels of the cross-functional team.
- Ability to work under general direction and act independently on new assignments.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with configuring test environments around multi-tier enterprise applications to execute test scenarios or reproduce problems (initialize/setup test data, deploy and configure applications, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with scripting such as shell scripting on Linux/UNIX and batch scripting on Windows is a plus.